Our client is a promising bitcoin/blockchain oriented FinTech startup, based out of Tokyo.
They are developing a crypto-based wealth management system that would let users (Japan and global customers) buy and trade different crypto-currencies and crypto-assets derivatives products.
What they are trying to do has probably never been seen in the world.
So it is a very disruptive service coming from Tokyo.
We are looking for a Ruby engineer (back-end, server-side, infra) who can deal with scalability, load balancer and security and who can deal with crypto (bitcoin) wallet security
- A conversational level in Japanese is enough
- No special computer science related knowledge is necessary per se
- There are several Tokyo University engineers inside with a good background in computer science and/or mathematics.
- 2 Chinese engineers inside
- They have 1 engineer with 1 y of experience in blockchain
- Corporate culture: IT * financial engineering
- free drinks
- having a good knowledge with cryptography is nice
- Salary between 6 and 12m JPY
They use primarily Ruby on Rails and AWS for the current stage of the service but they do not want to limit themselves to that particular stack.
Rather they are looking for a versatile engineer who can deal with any relevant tool if necessary.
Current technological stack.
The company is well funded being funded by a public company via a joint venture.