This Terms of Service (hereinafter “TOS”) is an agreement between Starsgate (hereinafter “Starsgate” or “Us” or “We”) and the users regarding the use of services (hereinafter the “Services”) prescribed in Article 2 provided by Starsgate . Please use the Services in accordance with this TOS.
This TOS applies to all matters regarding the use of the Services between users and Starsgate.
Starsgate reserves the right, at its discretion, to change this TOS at any time without notifying users. Users will be deemed to have accepted such changes by continuing to use the Services.
Content of Services
The Services means the following services provided through the website run by Starsgate (hereinafter called the “Website”), etc.: employment information services, recruiting support services, and related services (including services after the name or content of the Website has been changed for
Handling of User Information, etc.
Users agree that Starsgate may provide the registered information of users to other users and listed companies for their browsing within the scope required for providing the Services. Users are solely responsible for the disclosure of contents they have posted or sent.
Use of Access History, etc.
Users agree that Starsgate reserves the right to create statistical data, etc. by processing, correcting, or analyzing the access history, registered information, etc. of users in the use of the Services in a manner which cannot identify the specific user, and may use the data without any restrictions.
Users wishing to use the Services shall agree to the contents of this TOS at their own will and responsibility, and register as users using the method designated by Starsgate.
Users shall register by sending the format designated by Starsgate at the member information registration screen provided by the Services through the Internet, and at the point the information required for registration is securely received by Starsgate, they are taken to have been accepted as users.
Starsgate may not approve applications for registration of use to applicants for the following reasons, and reserves the right not to disclose the reasons whatsoever.
- Submission of false information during application for registration of use
- Applicants who have violated this TOS in the past
- Applicants who are underage, adults wards, or subject to conservatorships or limited guardianships, or who have not obtained consent from their legal representatives, guardians, conservators, or limited guardians.
- When the applicant is deemed by Starsgate to be an antisocial force, etc. (organized crime group, member of an organized crime group, right-wing organization, and any other equivalent person), or someone with some kind of relationship or involvement with antisocial forces such as managing, running, supporting the operations of, or being involved in an antisocial force by providing funds, etc.
- When Starsgate deems the applicant to be inappropriate for registration of use, etc.
Management of Email Address and Password
Users shall have the responsibility to manage the email address and password registered with the Services.
Users shall not transfer or lend their registered email addresses and passwords to third parties under any circumstances. When the registered email address and password used together to login into the Services matches the registered information, the
registered email address is taken to be used by the user who registered it.
Starsgate shall not be held liable for damages, etc. whatsoever resulting from the illegal use of registered email address, user ID, and password by third parties.
Suspension of the Services, etc.
Starsgate reserves the right to suspend or terminate the Services in whole or in part without notifying users in the following cases.
- For the maintenance, inspection, or upgrading of the computer systems used for the Services.
- When it becomes difficult to provide the Services due to Force Majeure such as earthquake, lightning, fire, power failure, natural disasters, etc.
- When computers or communication lines stop due to accidents, etc.
- In other cases when Starsgate deems it difficult to provide the Services.
Starsgate shall not be held liable for losses and damages incurred by users or third parties whatsoever as a result of the suspension or termination of the Services, whatever the reason may be.
Intellectual Property Rights
All rights including copyrights, trademark rights, and other intellectual property rights related to this Starsgate website and the Services belongs to Starsgate or parties licensed by Starsgate. Users shall not copy, sell, sublicense, transfer, modify, etc. copyrighted works, trademark rights, and other intellectual property rights in whole or in part without consent from Starsgate.
If the contents (hereinafter “posted contents” ) sent or posted to the Services corresponds to a copyrighted work, the user retains the copyright of the concerned copyrighted work. However, users agree that Starsgate may use the concerned copyrighted contents posted by the users to Starsgate free of charge for the purpose of running the Services such as advertising, promoting, providing the Services, improvement, maintenance, etc. within the scope which does not violate the privacy of communication. In this case, users shall not use the author’s personal rights on Starsgate (including Starsgate’s contract partners) and on the use of contents designated by Starsgate.
Users are prohibited from the following acts in the use of the Services.
- Acts violating laws and regulations or public order
- Acts related to criminal acts
- Acts that destroy or interfere with the functions of Starsgate’s server or network functions
- Acts which may interfere with the management of Starsgate’s services
- Acts collecting or accumulating personal information, etc. of other users
- Acts impersonating other users
- Acts directly or indirectly offering
profits to antisocial forces in the use of the Services
- Acts which violate the rights such as intellectual property rights, publicity rights, privacy, reputation, and profits of Starsgate, other users of the Services, or third parties.
- Acts of posting or sending excessive violent comments, sexually explicit comments, comments that result in discrimination of race, nationality, beliefs, gender, social status, family status, etc. , comments inviting or encouraging suicide, self-injury, drug abuse, comments which make others uncomfortable including antisocial content, etc.
- Acts for the purpose of sales, advertising, PR, solicitation, and other business profits (excluding those approved by Starsgate), sexual acts, indecent acts, acts for the purpose of meeting or dating strangers of the opposite sex, acts for the purpose of harassing or slandering other customers, and other acts of using the Services for uses other than the purpose of use intended by the Services
- Acts of solicitation to join religious activities or religious groups
Other acts deemed inappropriate by Starsgate
- Acts of cutting out the middlemen between users and listed companies to avoid transactions or payment between Starsgate and listed companies
- Acts causing nuisance to Starsgate, users, listed companies, or third parties.
- Acts using events planned by Starsgate for users and carrying out events and related registrations outside the Services
Restrictions on Use and Termination Registration
Starsgate reserves the right to delete posted contents, restrict use of the Services to users in whole or in part, or terminate the registration of users in the following cases without notifying the users.
- Violation of any of the clauses of this TOS
- When it has been clarified that registered information contains false facts
- When petition for commencement of bankruptcy, civil rehabilitation, corporate rehabilitation, or special liquidation proceedings have been filed
- When the Services has not been used for more than one year
- When there is no response for more than 30 days to inquiries from Starsgate or contact requiring other responses
- Cases deemed by Starsgate as inappropriate for using the Services
Users corresponding to any of the provisions in the preceding paragraph loses the benefit of term in connection with any liability against Starsgate, and must pay all liabilities borne at that point immediately.
Starsgate bears no responsibility whatsoever for damages incurred by users due to acts by Starsgate based on this article.
Users whose registration has been terminated by Starsgate cannot rejoin the Services.
Disclaimer of Warranties
Starsgate MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AGAINST ACTUAL OR LEGAL FLAWS IN THE SERVICES (INCLUDING FLAWS RELATED TO SAFETY, RELIABILITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, EFFECTIVENESS, SUITABILITY FOR A CERTAIN PURPOSE, SECURITY, ERRORS, BUGS, VIOLATION OF RIGHTS, ETC.).
Users shall protect, manage, and backup contents which they posted or sent and other contents on their own responsibility. In the event, the user information posted, sent, or edited using the Services by the user and other contents disappear or is falsified in whole or in part, Starsgate shall bear no responsibility whatsoever for the recovery of the information, etc.
Users agree that Starsgate shall not be held liable for damages from transactions, contacts, losses, or disputes, etc. between users and other users, listed companies, or third parties in relation with the Services.
Changes in Service Contents, etc.
Starsgate reserves the right to change the contents of the Services or stop operations temporarily without notifying the user. Starsgate may also suspend the Services and shall not be held liable whatsoever damages incurred by the user as a result of this.
Starsgate may, at its discretion, terminate the Services, and shall not be held liable for any damages incurred by the user due to the suspension of the Services.
Notices and Contact
Notices and contact between users and Starsgate shall be by the methods prescribed by Starsgate.
Assignment of Interest
Users shall not use any information obtained in the Services for purposes other than those prescribed in this TOS, nor disclose the information to third parties.
Arbitration Law and Jurisdiction
Interpretation and application of this agreement shall conform to Japanese law.
In the event of dispute related to the Services, the district court having jurisdiction over the location of Starsgate’s head office shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
The administrators of Starsgate need to acknowledge you before you can use the service as a jobseeker or an employer
The administrators of Starsgate reserve the right to terminate your account if you are against the interest of the company operating Starsgate. For example, we cannot accept a recruiting agency as a company if that company advertises job openings for its clients.
If you sign up as an employer, during the free trial campaign period (at least 4 weeks from the date of release of the service; such free trial campaign period might be subject to an extension), in the event of a successful hiring of an employee, the administrators of Starsgate will not charge you anything. However 2 weeks before the trial period ends, the administrators of Starsgate will notify you via email of the non free model via a new Terms of Services that you would have to agree on in order to continue using the service