Handling of Personal Information
Starsgate understands that users have voluntarily entrusted us with personal information for use relating to the specific purposes of the website. It is important to safely store the personal information and use the information with reference to the intentions of the users.
Starsgate committs to the appropriate handling of personal information entrusted by users to us as a provider of Internet services, based on the followings:
- Starsgate observes relevant laws and regulations in the handling of personal information (information that can identify the specific individual, as the term is further used hereafter) such as Act on the Protection of Personal Information, obligations provided in the guidelines of relevant ministries, and this Policy.
Use within scope of purpose of use
- Starsgate handles personal information only within the scope required for achieving the purpose of use specified beforehand, except in cases where prior consent has been obtained from the concerned user or when allowed by law. We will have measures to prevent use outside the scope consented by the individual.
Handling of personal information
- Starsgate strives to indicate the purpose of use of the information, scope of joint users, and information required by inquiry desk, etc. beforehand, and obtain the personal information after acquiring consent from the concerned individual. Starsgate may record or tape the contents of transactions and inquiries.
- Starsgate strives to maintain the personal information entrusted by users to us accurately and current within the scope of the purpose of use, implements appropriate safety measures required to meet technical standards to prevent illegal access, loss, falsification, damage, etc., and will make the necessary corrections to the information as required.
Supervision of subcontractors
- Starsgate may subcontract the handling of entrusted personal information to third parties within the scope for the purpose of use. Starsgate selects these third parties after confirming that they adequately meet security standards on the handling of personal information, and conducts the necessary and appropriate monitoring of these third parties through contracts, etc.
Provision of personal information to third parties
Starsgate will not provide personal information to third parties (the third parties prescribed in Article 23 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information) without the consent of the concerned individual, unless approved by laws and regulations. However, this does not apply to the following:
- When disclosure/provision of information is required by laws and regulations
- When provision of information is required for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual, and it has been deemed difficult to acquire consent from the concerned individual
- When cooperation in providing information is required by government or local public organizations, etc. to implement public matters, and acquiring consent from the concerned individual may interfere with the execution of the concerned public matters.
- When business is succeeded or succession is reviewed due to merger, company split, business transfer, etc.
- Organization activities
The following activities are conducted to implement this Policy
- The personal information of customers will be managed appropriately and safely.
- Business partners and individuals will be asked to cooperate in achieving the aims of this Policy.
- Collection and use of non-identifiable user information and cookies
In order to improve our website service, our company automatically collects information such as domain names, IP addresses, and page views. Cookies (
information used by servers to identify users, sent from servers to users’ browsers, and stored on users’ computers) are used in order to improve usability and deliver appropriate advertising, and never include personal information. Users may disable cookies in their browser settings.
- Use of access analysis tools
This site uses Google Analytics, produced by Google, Inc, for the analysis of site metrics. Please see below for information on Google Analytics.
- Response to comments and inquiries
Starsgate will respond appropriately to comments and inquiries regarding the handling of personal information such as disclosure, correction, discontinuation of use (introduction of products and services), deletion, etc., based on laws and regulations. These inquiries are accepted at the following desk.
Complaints and inquiry desk on personal information